Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Changes...Yet Again

We are so happy to have both our little boys!  Matthew is a wonderful big brother and Jeffrey is so mild and easy.  There are some adjustments for Matthew, but he is doing well overall.  Rob's mother has been with us the past couple of weeks and she has been a lifesaver.  Due to my conditions, I am not allowed to be up much of the time.  I can't pick up anything heavier than Jeffrey, and I am not supposed to do anything that requires my abdominal muscles.  That is a huge challenge, but the more I use or exercise them, the worse my condition gets.  We have felt like our options and decisions for what to do regarding my health change from day to day.  For a time we were planning on surgery, but now we are going to do everything we can to avoid it.  Our hope is that we can find another method that will work, if not, then surgery will become necessary.  I want to find a solution that will be healthy for me, allow us to have more children if we desire, and one that will give me a good quality of life.  Currently the solutions are not working and I am extremely restricted in what I can do.  Needless to say this has been a huge trial of my patience, but I am doing the best I can.  Thankfully Rob is out of school right now so he is able to help with things at home.  He will be here for the rest of June.  We hope that I am able to function regularly by the time he goes back to school.  For now that means that I must give my body the best chance to recover by resting all the time.  Fortunately I have a beautiful baby boy to keep me company and to love.  Matthew comes to find me and sit with me.  I love when he just wants to cuddle with Mommy.  These moments I have to spend time with my children are precious.
Matthew wanted to hold Jeffrey
One of my favorites of Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment