Well it seems like our lives go from one surgery to the next. I had another surgery this past week. It was an abdominal sacral colpopexy. I have 22 staples in my abdomen and another 10 inches worth of incisions. I have another 12 week recovery in front of me, but things are looking up. This surgery was particularly difficult because of the emotional side of things. This surgery fixed all three of my prolapses and some torn pelvic floor muscles. It also involved a hysterectomy. The decision to not have any more children naturally has been a difficult and prayer filled one. Rob and I felt the there were many risks involved with another pregnancy, and a lot of difficult issues to deal with daily if the surgery did not take place. I am at peace with the decision, but know that it will continue to be hard for many years. For now, we are focusing on getting me healthy again, and then adoption somewhere in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment