Saturday, June 9, 2012

Zions National Park

Rob and I decided to take a vacation to Zions in May.  Mom and Tiffanie took Matthew for us so we were kid free for a few days!  I have always wanted to go to Zions and we figured this would be our last chance for a long time.  We got to do Angels Landing, The Emerald Pools, and the Gateway to the Narrows.   I would definately recommend the three hikes were did.  We got a nice diversity with each hike and loved them all.  After hiking Angel's Landing, we jumped into the river for a swim.  We had been told that the water was extremly cold, but it felt amazing.  The water was slightly colder than a pool, but the hot sun made up for the cold.

This is the view from the bottom of Angels Landing looking across the valley.  I made this picture out of 5 pictures.

This is on the way to Angel's Landing looking down the canyon that we had hiked up.


One the way up the Landing, we found cool sandstone formations to play in.


On top of Angels Landing.  The gateway to the Narrows is directly behind us.

Another panorama.  This one is actually in the Narrows.  Rob and I loved this hike.  It is probably our favorite one we did.



In the Narrows there is a side avenue called Wall Street.  It is just as narrow.  There are some placed like this where the canyon walls are only 15 feet apart.  The canyon walls are about 200 feet tall in some areas.

Eating lunch in a rare sunny spot in Wall Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment