Well a lot has happened since my last post. We moved to Hyrum, Utah! I left Missouri in the beginning of May to spend a few weeks with my parents, and to let Rob take his boards without distractions. He gave up so much time and sacrificed a lot in his education so that he could take care of our family. I wanted to make sure that he had a chance to do well in his classes and pass the boards. My Dad came to pick me and the boys up. Rob and I bought a car in Utah and had him drive it out to us. That way I would have a car to get myself around in until Rob came out in the beginning of June.
Rachael was living at my parents house as well and getting ready for her wedding on June 14th. It was a busy time for everyone as there was a lot of yard work to take care of before hand. Matthew and Jeffrey had a wonderful time playing with cousins, riding the tractor with Grandpa, and just having a new place to play and explore.
Rob came out to join us in June and we moved into our new place. It is a bit smaller than our old home, but a lot newer and very nice. We love being back in the mountain west and couldn't be happier with our new location.
It seems that ever since we moved back this way we have seen family every single week. We love living close to Joe and Sandy and have enjoyed getting to know them and their family better. We have taken a vacation to California and had a great time seeing all of Rob's siblings.
This summer had been exciting for me because I have had to chance to do several things I didn't think I would be able to physically do. I have ridden on a horse, gone kayaking, and rock climbing. I wasn't spectacular in any of these areas, but it was a huge improvement for me. When I came out this way in May I could barely walk up a hill because my left leg was so weak. I still have weakness in my left leg, but I have seen so much improvement in the past few months.
I had another surgery last week. My implant was causing a lot of pain at the site of the wire insertion. The doctor went in and moved the wires so that they wouldn't set off a nerve they were resting against. I am still not sure if the procedure worked because I am trying to still heal, but I have positive hopes that things will get better. I have a lot on my mind with what to do for my health next. I will have to do another procedure but haven't yet decided exactly what I will have done. I have several options, but they all end in one surgery or another. Now that I know how difficult surgeries can be, I am nervous to have another one. It was such a strain on our family and I hate to put everyone through that again. Rob's schedule is not as flexible as it used to be and he can't miss days like he used to, so having another procedure will put a lot more of the responsibility on me, and that is very difficult to recover while taking care of two energetic boys.
Matthew and Jeffrey are doing great at our new place. Jeffrey started walking this past week and is growing so fast! I love my boys! Now for some pictures.







No comments:
Post a Comment